Monday, November 20, 2006

Bo gets eaten by a hill



Having had a crap day on Saturday getting rid of a hangover, I decided to go for a good ard bog-trot up Abby Clough and over Middle Moss out above Ladybower in Peakland. All went well with some superb scrambling in Abby Clough (though it isn't recomended to anyone without an appetite for lose rock and heather) and a fantastic walk over Middle Moss- the largest moor and remotest part of Peakland behind Howden Edge without seeing a soul.
Anyway, on my plod over Peat Street to Back Tor messed up crossing a peat bog and suddenly ended up to my neck in thick peat. Being completely alone miles from anywhere i was in trouble, but luckily got my muddy self out efore I went completely under. Cetainly an unforgettable, though unwanted experiance.
With a bit of luck this story should keep those who know me off the moor, leaving it nice and quiet for me!!!
ps- the photo is a rare one from Brunsten Croft Ridge looking west to Howden Edge with High Stones (l), the wilderness moor of Middle Moss (c) and Magery Hill (r), taken before my fall in the bog.
Bo the bogtrotter

No comments: